Gardens have their drawbacks, Leopold Bloom was thinking as he set off to wander around Dublin in Ulysses. Allow us to respectfully demur.
We’re confident you’ll side with us after spending a week in Ireland, where we’ll visit mossy modern gardens and garages gone green. (Plus, Kendra’s come up with 10 garden design ideas to steal from Ireland immediately.) Join us:
Above: We’re in the clover this week. See more at Fields of Green: 5 Favorite Lawn Substitutes.
- We tour Irish plantswoman June Blake’s magical garden (and three-acre nursery) in this week’s Garden Visit. (And did you miss our recent visit to Helen Dillon’s Legendary Garden in Dublin?)
- In this week’s installment of our Gardenista 100 guide to the best furniture and outdoor accessories of 2015, we’ve rounded up our favorite last-a-lifetime teak dining tables: round, square, farmhouse, and trestle styles.
- Kendra heads to Ireland to find 10 Garden Ideas to Steal. In the meantime, see our earlier Roundups for more garden ideas to steal: from France, Greece, India, Canada, and California.
- Tucked away on a quiet mews in Dublin, a garage gets annexed to create more living space (and a window box garden for ferns) in this week’s Architect Visit. And for more clever remodels on quiet lanes, see Good Mews: 11 Charming Carriage Houses.
- Readers recently took Michelle to task, disputing her conclusion that artificial grass could ever be eco-friendly. To resolve the debate, Janet’s on the case, investigating the pros and cons of artificial grass for this week’s Hardscaping 101 post. (Bone up on the back story at 13 New Landscape Trends to Steal in 2015 and Hardscaping 101: Artificial Grass.)
- In this week’s Curb Appeal post, we explore nine ways ways Decomposed Granite can add a dash of style to a garden or landscape.
On Remodelista, Julie and her team have the DIY bug. Join them for Weekend Projects all week long.