This summer, the Gardenista Considered Design Awards are back—and it’s time to get your submissions in order. The Gardenista contest is open to everyone—beginner gardeners, lifelong enthusiasts, landscape architects, horticulturalists, and garden designers are all welcome to submit, as are homeowners, renters, architects, DIYers, and interior designers in Remodelista’s contest. Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges (to be announced soon), and winners will be chosen by public vote.
June 1-June 22
- Best Garden (Open to Amateurs)
- Best Landscape (Open to Professionals)
- Best Outdoor Living Space (Open to Everyone)
- Best Curb Appeal (Everyone)
- Best Edible Garden (Everyone)
- Best Hardscape Project (Everyone)
- Best United Kingdom Landscape (Professionals)
- Best United Kingdom Garden (Amateurs)
Winning projects will receive a full feature post on Gardenista, and each winner will get a collection of design books from our awards judges plus Gardenista and Remodelista’s own books. Professional winners will receive automatic entry into Gardenista’s Architect/Designer Directory.
More details to come, but readers in the US, UK, and Canada (except Quebec) are free to enter. You may submit one entry per category, and each entry may include up to ten photos (minimum 1000 pixels wide). You’ll be required to submit a short paragraph describing your project, and a brief caption for each photo. Do not submit projects that have already been featured on Gardenista.
For More Inspiration:
Visit past years’ winners and contests:
Browse more past winners for inspiration:
- Best Professionally Designed Landscape 2015: Outer Space Landscape Architecture
- Best Hardscape 2015: Elliott + Elliott Architecture
- Best Edible Garden 2014: Britton Shepard
- Best Small Garden 2014: Ashley Hamilton
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation