This week we found inspiration via daily bouquets, urban flower art, and vertical gardening tips. Read on to learn more.
And keep an eye out: We’ll be accepting submissions for the Gardenista Considered Design Awards starting June 1.
- On Michelle’s radar: seasonal events at The Outside Institute, including naturalist Laura Silverman’s six-course dinner in the screened-in porch.
- Five landscape projects that pay off (and one to avoid).
- On Meredith’s weekend itinerary: Sunset magazine’s Celebration Weekend in Sonoma wine country.
- Scotland’s love affair with seaweed.
- Annie is waiting for the Chelsea location of fresh seafood spot Seamore’s to open.
- Road trip dreams: Stacey is researching just how much idyllic-seeming van life costs.
- Fruits and vegetables: What’s the difference?
- Iowa City’s sustainable garden showcase.
- Mérida, Mexico’s most creative—and—affordable city.
- The new apartment amenity: rooftop agricultural plots.
- 11 ways to get your vegetables to grow up.
- After our post, A Self-Portrait in Flowers, we’re following life on a small Swedish farm via @onebouquetperday.
Know a garden we should include in our next Current Obsessions? Share it with us on Instagram with the hashtag #gddestination.
For more verdant inspiration, consider our recent posts:
- 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from Germany
- Required Reading: Salad for President
- Sleeping at Sissinghurt: An Overnight Stay at England’s Most Famous Garden