Wooden garden gates provide privacy and protection, keeping precious cargo in and unwanted visitors out. Curb appeal is serious business for wooden gates; they also offer ornamentation and allure (see Get the Look: The English Garden Gate 10 Ways).
Depending on the architectural style of your fence and facade, you may want a picket gate, a lattice gate, a slat gate, or a gate with custom features (such as a peephole placed at your dog’s eye level). Here are 10 choices that will add instant curb appeal to a fence—hardware and post-setting not included.
Wooden Picket Gates
Wooden Lattice Gates
Wooden Slat Gates
Prowell’s gates are shipped unfinished, unless otherwise stipulated, and include their preferred bronze heavy-duty, extruded ball-bearing 4-inch butt hinges. Shipping is available across the US.
Wooden Dog Gates
N.B.: Before you start a garden design project, see our Hardscape 101 guides for design help. We’ve got tips on:
- Paint Colors for Iron Gates and Fences.
- Fences & Gates 101, Gate Hinges 101, and Gate Latches 101.
- Everything You Need to Know About Garden Gates.
- 10 Easy Pieces: Japanese-Style Fences and Screens.
- Fence Hurdles and Gates from Green Man Wood Crafts.
- For more wooden garden gates, see these modern designs.
Finally, learn how to successfully design a fence for any landscape or garden project with our Hardscaping 101: Fences & Gates guide.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation