A new way to get your Christmas tree, a tree farm transformed, and more, on our radar this week.
- The Olmsted Papers: how America’s greatest landscape designer got the idea for New York’s Central Park.
- Extreme landscape makeover (you’ll never recognize this former Christmas tree farm).
- Attention, Lakewood, Colorado readers: get your free mulch this weekend. (For the rest of us, there’s leaf mulch.)
- An Uber for lawn care? That’s an idea just crazy enough to work.
- Christmas tree in a box: with the click of a button, Amazon will now deliver seven-foot Douglas firs, Fraser firs, and Norfolk Island pines to your door this holiday season (and yes, Prime applies).
- Build your own: the modern farmer’s chicken coop.
- A flower delivery company takes on houseplants.
- And, how to style your plants: a guide from Ferm Living.
- Weekend project: how to prepare an emergency go bag.
- And, on our fall travel wish list: a hipster-rustic retreat in a national forest in Oregon.
And, two plant swaps on our calendar:
- Today: a seed swap in Tampa, Florida.
- Tomorrow: a plant share and cuttings swap in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Recently in Obsessions: