From a legendary UK gardener’s visit across the pond to glamping in Sonoma, here are nine things on our radar this weekend.
- Terrain in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, is hosting legendary UK gardener Fergus Garrett, head gardener at the Great Dixter estate in East Sussex, at two events this upcoming week; get more info on the lecture and the dinner, both on Wednesday. (And, see more of his work here.)
- Amazing oddity: Before there were drones, there were pigeons.
- You need this: paper that sprouts tiny plants when water is sprinkled on.
- Going on today: a garden tour and talk in Little Compton, Rhode Island.
- Kitchen island or no kitchen island? After Michelle’s piece on the matter, the rest of you weighed in. (Let us know your take.)
- Glamping in Sonoma? Choose between an Airstream and a luxe tent.
- 10 ways to fight global warming in the garden, by our friend Kier Holmes.
- And, eight storage secrets from a Remodelista founder’s California bungalow.
- Plus, your daily dose of garden inspiration: Sign up for our newsletters.
And, two plant swaps on our radar:
Recently in Obsessions: