Officially, it’s still summer for another 22 days, but unofficially, it’s Labor Day: summer’s last hurrah. Here’s your weekend reading—for the beach, the campfire, the front porch, or wherever you are.
- Garden therapy, travel included: 15 Airbnbs with soothing gardens.
- Tip: End-of-season plants at nurseries are selling at deep discounts. Baby them and they’ll be magnificent come spring.
- Today and tomorrow at Ravenwood, upstate: one of the last pop-up farm shops of the season. Details here.
- Congratulations, Tulsa, on your new 66-acre park—hope to see it soon.
- Drinkable potted plants (hint: that “dirt” is crushed Oreos).
- Why do cats eat grass? Glad you asked.
- For all your last-hurrah summer fetes, back-porch dinners, and garden parties: 10 summer tabletop finds for under $25.
- And, to bookmark for next summer: 7 lessons to learn from a tiny beach shack on Fire Island.
- September 8 in Toronto, Ontario.
- September 9 in Bristol, UK, at Independent Design Collective.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Summer State of Mind
- Current Obsessions: Snapshot of Summer
- Current Obsessions: City Escape
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation