Moon calendars are an age-old tool in the garden. Just as the moon exerts a pull on the Earth’s seas and makes tides rise and fall, its phases also can affect growing conditions. As the moon waxes and wanes, lunar gardeners take careful note of its cycle.
Depending on the position of the moon, it might be a good day to plant, to fertilize, to hoe, or to battle pests in the garden. From the Farmer’s Almanac (which adheres to “our age-old formula” for lunar gardening) to astrological guides, moon calendars can offer guidance in the garden.
Here are 10 moon calendars for lunar gardening in 2019:
See more ways to harness nature’s forces for the good of the garden:
- Landscaping 101: Biodynamics for the Edible Garden
- The Best Vegetables You’ll Ever Taste
- 10 Ideas to Steal from Organic Gardens Around the World
- Ask The Expert: Sarah Raven’s 10 Tips for a Kitchen Garden
- Object of Desire: Moon Calendar for Gardeners
- Time Capsule: The Old Farmer’s Almanac
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation