When we think of the garden’s bounty, January is the last month that comes to mind. In this hemisphere anyway, everything is brown and gray and matted in a way that encourages us to turn back to our cups of tea and pretend we haven’t seen the mess outside.
But this week, we decided to embrace the best of wintertime gardens. And we agree, Brussels sprouts have never tasted so good.
Here, a collection of inspiration that we gathered this week from the wintertime garden:
- Oranges as art.
- Cheerful musings on the garden in January.
- It’s not too late to revive your abandoned cold frame.
- Northwest gardeners: here’s your to do list.
- Bundle up: Protect your pots.
- Too pretty to eat.
- Glad to be in good company with these other garden-y Facebook pages.
- A very special garden visit with the original Queen of Kale.
- 7 tips for starting your own seeds.
- Spotted on Pinterest, a snowy greenhouse.
- For dinner: Skillet Lasagna.
- Aprons for everyone.
- In need of some winter pruning tools? Enter our Giveaway with Garrett Wade.