One of our favorite color palettes for a landscape is white on white. With a dash of white. You might be surprised by how many shades of pale there are (and by how lovely they look by moonlight). Join us this week to explore summer whites:
Above: Cosmos in bloom. For more of this organic flower farm, see Garden Visit: Clare Day at Red Damsel Farm in British Columbia.
- A 19th century Italianate townhouse in Manhattan’s West Village gets a modern white garden to play up the dappled light in a shady courtyard in this week’s Landscape Architect Visit. In the meantime, see more designs for Classic Townhouse Gardens.
- “In an abundant garden, why not let keep the furniture simple and let florals shine instead?” asks Alexa, who rounds up her favorite white outdoor dining tables in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- And if you’re setting up an outdoor space for summer, see our recent roundups for our favorite Café-Style Outdoor String Lights, Picnic-Style Dining Tables, and Acapulco Chairs, Vintage and Modern.
- In this week’s Expert Advice post, Kendra visits Petersham Nurseries in Richmond, just outside of London, where florist-in-residence Thomas Broom helps her draw a list of essential flowers for a white garden.
- We’re counting down the days to this year’s GROW London contemporary garden fair, where we’ll be sponsoring a Gardenista Pop-Up Market featuring garden accessories from our favorite local artists and craftspeople. If you’re in London, join us on Hampstead Heath this weekend.
- In Portland, Oregon, expat Gillian Carson gives us a tour of the English garden she recreated to remind her of home in this week’s Garden Visit.
- Love where you live? Enter your garden in the Gardenista 2015 Considered Design Awards for a chance to win a $200 gift certificate from Terrain. Each winner will be showcased in a post on Gardenista next month.
- A glassy greenhouse is this week’s Outbuilding of the Week.
Catch up with the Remodelista editors, who will be celebrating Summer in the City all week.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation