Where’s your sunniest windowsill? We’re starting to think about keeping our potted plants happy all winter. Join us for tips: the best grow lights, indoor trellises, and evidence that maximalism trumps minimalism when it comes to living with houseplants:
Above: Amanda’s grandmother gave her a housewarming gift, which turned out to be so much more than a houseplant. For the whole story, see The Orchid That Owned Me.
- Labor Day starts a new season in the garden–welcome to September, one of the prettiest months. For proof, see Fall is High Season in Grace Kennedy’s Garden.
- Persuade your plants to thrive inside all winter, with high-intensity indoor grow lights. We’ve rounded up stylish picks in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces post.
- Meredith falls in love with the world’s most adorable houseplant and explains why you can’t find our Plant of the Week at most local nurseries or plant shops. (Luckily Meredith knows a secret source.)
- Macramé artist Emily Katz is a maximalist when it comes to houseplants. In this week’s Indoor Gardens post, we visit her at home.
- Inspired by the Dutch School, garden designer Arne Maynard teaches a flower workshop–and Kendra learns to make a Floral Arrangement that could have been lifted from an old master’s painting.