Alert: shortest day of the year ahead. As the winter solstice approaches, we’ll be embracing the light this week Join us for poinsettias, amaryllis bulbs, holiday curb appeal, and snowy garlands:
- Coming Tuesday: Alexa conducts clever experiments with fireside cooking tools in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces post.
- There are so many things nobody tells you about poinsettias (until now—check back on Monday morning for the full story).
- We round up stylish waterproof Chelsea boots to wear in the garden…and elsewhere.
- Grow it, bake it, give it to a friend: Marie’s new recipe for persimmon spice cake, coming Thursday.
Did you miss any of last week’s posts? Most popular:
- Everything You Need to Know About Decking Materials
- The Garden Decoder: What Is ‘Square Foot Gardening’?
- 10 Things Nobody Tells You About Holiday Lights
- Gift Guides 2018: for the Fiddle-Leaf Fig Lover, the Organized Gardener, the Fashion-Forward Gardener, and more.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation