This weekend, after the holiday, a moment of respite.
- The best new gift for gardeners and houseplant lovers (or yourself): a subscription to the Plant Parent Club, new from The Sill, including a surprise plant delivered to your door each month, plus access to online plant how-to workshops, and more. (See also: Houseplants for Beginners from The Sill in NYC.)
- Opening soon in Paris: a new location for What the Flower (a hybrid hair salon and houseplant shop). Stop in (and see our post on it here).
- If you’re in upstate New York, stop into Ravenwood today or tomorrow; the farm stand is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (And take a look at their summer dinners in the barn.)
- Tuesday in Maine: Frances Palmer’s ceramics at one of our all-time favorite flower nurseries. More info here.
- Perhaps we’ll stick around for Gardens in the Watershed, an idyllic-sounding day of self-guided tours of six gardens in Rockland, Owls Head, and South Thomaston, Maine, on Sunday, July 15. Tickets and more info here.
- The simplest of entryways.
- How to stay cool the old-fashioned way.
A few plant swaps on our radar:
- July 7 in Kuopio, Finland.
- July 8 by Seeds Brussels; stay tuned for the exact location.
- July 15 on East 13th Street in NYC.
Recently in Obsessions: