This last full weekend of June, we’re savoring the month’s most beautiful blooms and the summer stretched out ahead of us. More on our radar:
- Submissions for the 2018 Considered Design Awards are officially closed, but take a look through all of the entries here.
- For New Yorkers without gardens of their own (almost everybody), there is Garden Volunteer Day at the Espiritu Tierra Community Garden in Williamsburg. RSVP and get your hands dirty prepping the gardens for summer.
- Attention, Brooklyn garden lovers: Community activists are fighting new high rises in Crown Heights that would block sunlight in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Learn more.
- Pennsylvanians: Your state flower is in bloom. Here are some of the best places to see it.
- Are summer plans taking you to Rome? Don’t miss these six must-visit gardens.
- Margot, our Instagram sleuth, spotted these antique stem holders in her feed recently.
- An enchanted, ancient forest in Japan.
- Are you Airstream-ing around America’s national parks this summer? Detour to see a few of these beautiful, must-see gardens.
- A day trip on the New York team’s list: Lavender by the Bay, a 17-acre lavender farm in East Marion, New York, now in bloom.
- Eight crostatas to make this season.
- The ultimate picnic tote.
- To visit in Copenhagen: a new museum cafe, palms included.
And this week’s Plant Swap Calendar:
Recently in Obsessions: