As you’re soaking up the last gasps of August this weekend, here are 10 things to know about, plus more goings-on.
- Weeds 1, Westchester County 0: One of America’s richest counties can’t keep the grass mowed at bus stops.
- Do you like to snap photos of bunnies? Enter this photo contest immediately for positive reinforcement.
- An argument for garden gnomes? Sorry, we’re not buying it.
- In Brussels, they really, really love their begonias.
- What $50,000 buys in the garden: a radical backyard makeover.
- Margot spotted this new kind of botanical pasta, flowers included.
- Now open: Terrain’s latest outpost in Devon, Pennyslvania. In the area? Check out their outdoor movies, dinners, and garden events.
- Are you agonizing over whether to conserve or consign your mom’s fancy china? Read how Gardenista editor in chief Michelle Slatella solved the dilemma in her latest interior design column in The Wall Street Journal.
- Sturdy made-in-Maine outdoor wares, made of rope.
- And, a glimpse inside the Maine restaurant you have to get lost to find.
Plus, plant swaps:
- Today in Pasadena at Folia Collective: propagation workshop and cuttings swap.
- Today in San Diego.
- Today in Omaha, Nebraska, at Mulhall’s.
- Tomorrow in Durham, NC.
- And a 24/7 option for swappers: swap one-on-one.
Recently in Obsessions: