On our agendas: an upcoming book signing, a guided plant hike, and a UK plant swap. Read on.
- Catch us next Sunday, August 12 in New York City, at Shoppe Object, a new, curated trade show by the founders of Aesthetic Movement and Capsule, where Julie and Margot will be on hand to sign all three of our books. See you there.
- On Margot’s shelf: The Modern Cook’s Year by Anna Jones. (See our posts on Jones’s London apartment here and here.)
- Volunteers needed to install a community garden in Oakland, California on Saturday, August 4.
- For anyone in San Francisco this weekend, a guided plant hike on Mount Sutro (check out the natives).
- Now on sale: tickets for Ravenwood’s October dinner in the barn. (The farm shop is also open today and tomorrow.)
- An accurate representation of the #crazyplantlady phenomenon, spotted on Instagram.
- The Greenest Block in Brooklyn.
- Miscanthus, misunderstood.
- Eight reasons why a 330-square-foot home in London feels spacious (indoor/outdoor kitchen included).
- And an upcoming plant swap: August 11 in Oxford, England.
Recently in Obsessions: