The summer isn’t over yet: There’s plenty of time for day trips, quick jaunts, and weekend getaways. This and more, on our radar.
- A reason to stay up late tonight.
- And: We’re fans of the Dark Sky movement.
- On the waterfront: Chicagoans are reveling in the resurrection of their river.
- Is your fairy house up to code?
- Your lawn is costing you $969 a year.
- Hunting the world’s rarest trees.
- Beetlemania (and how to cure it).
- What to binge-watch this weekend: Summer Rayne Oakes’ Plant One on Me YouTube series, featuring a behind-the-scenes look at an orchid factory outside Rotterdam and more.
- World’s most pleasing fridge organization, summer produce edition.
In the UK? Two English plant swaps going on this weekend:
- Today in Oxford, UK.
- Tomorrow in Bristol, UK.
- Plus, get your tickets now for Glasswing’s Greenhouse Plant Swap in Seattle on August 25. (The first 25 people to RSVP will get a tiny tillandsia.)
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The Far Reaches
- Current Obsessions: Artifacts of Summer
- Current Obsessions: Jet-Setter
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation