This week, we’re toasting our readers–thanks to you, we had a wonderful year!–so curl up with a few good holiday reads:
Above: Hardworking Hellebores bloom in the snow. Photograph by Chris Everett.
- San Francisco architect Olle Lundberg built a house with his own hands–and scavenged materials–in northern California. (He and his wife slept in a tent in the living room until the roof was finished.) Read about their adventure in this week’s Architect Visit.
- To burn or not to burn? It’s a moral dilemma in this day and age, and Michelle searches for the answer in Domestic Dispatches.
- With Amanda on her way to California to spend Christmas with Michelle, who’s babysitting The Orchid That Owns Me?
- Our favorite Brooklyn blogger moved to Harlem to garden. We’re visiting Marie Viljoen’s new digs–and getting design tips for planting spring edibles on a city terrace–in this week’s Garden Visit.
- Wishing everyone joy, peace, and a glorious ranch. We’re visiting Slide Ranch at the edge of the world in today’s Garden Visit.
- The party continues. We’re rounding up the 7 Best Holiday Cocktails with ingredients from the garden in this week’s Holiday Recipe.
Over at Remodelista, Julie and team are padding around the house in (stylish) pajamas and putting up fragrant garlands) to get ready for the holidays in this week’s Winter’s Tale.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation