We’re heading out of town to spend as much of summer as possible in our favorite country gardens. Join us this week for our favorite glass hurricane candle holders, tips on growing tomatoes, and 10 ideas to steal from cottage gardens:
Above: Michelle’s remodeled kitchen is her summer headquarters. For more, see Rehab Diaries: Michelle’s Mill Valley Kitchen Redo on Remodelista.
- Do you prefer pink or blue hydrangeas? (And what does your choice say about you?) Dalilah moderates the great hydrangea smack down in our Plant of the Week post. And for more of this garden, see Rhode Island Roses: A Seaside Summer Garden in New England.
- See the world’s most beautiful porch light in this week’s Lighting post.
- This week’s Garden Ideas to Steal post is full of tips for creating a cottage garden.
- Illuminate your next outdoor party with a glass hurricane lantern candle holder; we’ve rounded up our favorites, from high to low, in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- In this week’s Garden Visit, Kendra visits Glyndebourne, an English country house with a summer opera season that competes with the grand gardens for visitors’ attention.
- In this week’s Roundup post, Michelle looks at 11 ingenious ways to include raised beds when you’re Landscaping.