The countdown is on: There are just two more weeks to enter our 2017 Considered Design Awards. Enter now—the contest is open to both professional and amateur designers, and you have until midnight Pacific time on June 22 to submit projects and photos in 16 categories on Gardenista and Remodelista.
Our panel of judges will choose finalists in late June, and then readers will vote to pick winners. Meet this year’s judges:
- Previous Odd Job: Decorating The Waverly Inn in New York for Christmas, every Christmas for about four years.
- Latest DIY Project: Changing a bulb in the light over my dining table.
- Favorite Thing to Cook: Kale salad with white balsamic, currants, roasted pine nuts, and Parmesan crisps.
- Favorite Item in My Closet: Kron shoes from Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Latest DIY Project: Dyeing fabric with dandelions.
- Favorite Shops: The New Craftsmen, Robert Kime, John Derian.
Read all 10 Things to Know About Sam Hamilton:
- Favorite Perfume: Carnal Flower, Frederic Malle.
- Pets: Hero (my border terrier) and Milo (our Siberian cat).