Just as Michelle returned from her Catalonian adventure, Erin skipped out for the Oregon coast. Want to come over and see our vacation slide shows?
- Above: A visit to an abandoned leather factory was our most popular post this week. No wonder.
- We’ve become obsessed with the world according to Pancho Tolchinsky.
- Suffer from a black thumb? Here are top eight plants for beginner gardeners.
- Above: Weekend menu: a late Saturday lunch of White Bean and Cod Salad (a classic from Barcelona) and sangria, followed by Rosemary and Butter cookies. (We hope to soon have our kitchens in true foodie-shape.)
- A new garden comes to Southern California this fall: In honor of William Mulholland, who brought water to Los Angeles, the LA Department of Water and Power is adding new landscaping, greenery, benches, and more to one of Mulholland’s most memorable accomplishments.
- Over on Remodelista, Sarah has us appreciating tile in entirely unique ways.
- We found the best view of Mantova, Italy; this glass house may offer the same for West Virginia.
- We’re curious: Are you packing for a trip or just returning? Fill us in on your adventures in the comments section below.