This first weekend of fall, the Gardenista editors are anticipating the release of a new cookbook and reading about the Rose Garden. Here’s a look:
- She “pours flowers into deep straw baskets or enormous copper containers or little silver mugs,” wrote the Boston Globe of Jackie Kennedy’s ethereal flower arrangements in the White House in 1961. But the art collector and gardener Bunny Mellon was the novice visionary behind the style—and designed the most famous garden in the country. Read on in Vanity Fair.
- Anticipating the release of Sweet by London-based chef Yotam Ottolenghi, with ingredients like fig, saffron, cardamom, and rose petal.
- Counting down: two weeks until this year’s Field + Supply.
- Now trending: 10 Ideas for Terra Cotta Landscape Edging.
- Over on Remodelista: an otherworldly former hay loft on an island in the North Sea, exposed to the elements and at the mercy of the tides.
- 7 outdoor improvement tasks for fall.
- We asked, you answered: What’s your favorite fall garden task? Let us know in the comments below.
Recently in Current Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The September Issue
- Current Obsessions: The Antiquarian Garden
- Current Obsessions: Labor Day
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation