This week we were thrilled to see our new book, Gardenista: The Definitive Guide to Stylish Outdoor Spaces, arrive in bookstores and thrilled to see on Instagram that readers are diving right in to #gardenistabook. Here’s a look the celebration—and other ideas that piqued our interest.
Above: On Stacey’s Portland, Oregon list: Menagerie, a boutique housed in an Airstream that offers locally sourced, small-batch natural products and garden goods. Photograph courtesy of Casey Shagena/Menagerie.
- The plants have clearly won in this kitchen renovation.
- Pumpkin decor (no carving necessary).
- We’ll be looking to this herbal elixir, just in time for cold season.
Above: Michelle and husband Josh Quittner gave our friends at Terrain a tour of the garden she created from scratch at Mill Valley, California cottage. Photograph by Matthew Williams.
Our Latest Instagram Obsession
Above: Each image in floral designer Nicolette Owen’s feed weaves moody colors and vibrant florals (@nicamille).
For more of this week’s favorite haunts and inspirations, visit our posts:
- A New Leaf: Artist Jenny Kiker’s Botanical Paintings.
- Current Obsessions: Nature and Nurture.
- 23 and Me: My Favorite Edible Plants to Grow in Shade.