This week the Gardenista editors took note of a midcentury-inspired sunroom in New York, a seasonal cocktail workshop, and more. Here are our notes:
- Save the date: Michelle will be at the Marin Art & Garden Center at 5 p.m. on October 30 for a conversation about Private Gardens of the Bay Area. Bay Area readers, get your tickets now.
- October 25 at the New York Botanical Garden: an evening with Cassian Schmidt, director of Hermannshof, the acclaimed experimental botanical gardens in Germany’s Rhine Valley, once a private estate, which now “sets the benchmark for naturalistic planting design that reflects ecological prowess and innovative artistry.” More info here.
- We’d like to attend Fern and Shaker’s dark and moody cocktail workshop. Portland, OR, readers: attend in our stead.
- Annie loves the undone artfulness of this installation of marigolds by Brooklyn-based Saipua.
- Contributor Daisy tipped us off to a house built to last on a sea-swept island off of Norway, via The Wall Street Journal.
- This week in front-door essentials: how to choose a dog door for your pet.
- 7 ideas for an elevated apple pie.
- Now trending: 10 Garden Ideas to Steal from Provence.
- What garden tasks are you taking on this weekend? Let us know in the comments.
More of our recent obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Design Behind the Scenes
- Current Obsessions: Emerald Isle
- Current Obsessions: Autumn Still Life