What the Gardenista editors are noting during our fall Design Secrets week:
- “The true test of a garden is how it looks in the rain:” Gardenista editor Michelle visits a Long Island garden by landscape designer John Beitel. Read on in The New York Times.
- Julie is headed to Field + Supply, going on in Kingston, NY this weekend. Upstaters: See you there.
- Upcoming at the New York Botanical Garden next Friday: Saving the American Ash.
- Margot is admiring the hanging plant wall of @thehiddenadventure, a Stockholm-based product designer (and hoping this product might come to a store near us soon).
- We like the sounds of The Art of Outdoor Living: Curating Exterior Space as an Extension of Your Home, a conversation next Wednesday in New York. Details here.
- Coveting Simple Fare : Fall / Winter, the second volume of the Simple Fare cookbook series by Karen Mordechai of Sunday Suppers, with beautiful photography and market-driven recipes.
- On our to-do list: 7 home maintenance tasks to tackle in October.
- Attention Gardenista sleuths: Keep your eyes peeled for the Gardenista book on the set of an upcoming episode of NCIS New Orleans. (It’s intriguingly titled “Dead Man Calling.”) Tune in on October 10.
- Trending now: How to Grow Ginger, Turmeric, and Cardamom at Home (just in time for fall recipes).
Recently in Obsessions: