Only $5.1 million stands between us and a perfect apartment in the Osborne. Oh, and the fact that Jessica Chastain beat us to the nine-room classic in one of Manhattan’s grand old buildings, across the street from Carnegie Hall.
More real estate envy this week:
- What it’s like to be Michael Ovitz’ son, plus the founder of Workpop and half of an art-loving couple in Venice, CA.
- Did the garden look this good when Howard Hughes lived here? Doubt it.
- Documentary filmmaker’s downtown NYC townhouse, has garden, is “in need of a gut renovation”: $9.5 million. (We pored over its colorful interiors in Justina Blakeney’s soon-to-be-published The New Bohemians.)
- Eye candy for anyone that loves modern barn houses.
- Art in bloom.
- How to remove paint from brick in five steps.
- After a week dedicated to West Coast gardens, Anna Jones’ California salad looks good. 10 tips to easy gardening.
- Today, from 10 am to 4 pm Eastern: Roots of Resilience at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.
- DIY flower chandelier.
- The allure of the flower.
- Too pretty to drink.
Instagram and Pinterest Pick of the Week
- A snap of Argentina via @wafflesoph from #GardenistaTravels.
- We’re following ceramicist Frances Palmer on Pinterest. See her bud vases here.