In the throes of the holiday season, here are 8 things to know about:
- Big news: Ikea is (at last) coming to Manhattan.
- A new twist on the classic: DIY air plant wreaths.
- And: how to make a succulent ornament.
- The world’s first plant robot.
- Sadly, market and restaurant Shed in Healdsburg, CA, is closing at the end of the month. But you can still stop by for a few holiday workshops, like a cookie-baking class tomorrow.
- Join the annual bird count, next Saturday at the New York Botanical Garden. (Bundle up.)
- 10 things nobody tells you about marble (it might be in your toothpaste).
- 12 maintenance problems you shouldn’t wait to fix.
- Make a homemade bird feeder, hang holly, and 12 more old-world holiday ideas to steal from Europe.
Recently in Obsessions: