Here’s what we’re noting, from a new take on tea lights to classic lawn games:
- Meredith finally made it to Stable Cafe in SF’s Mission District this week: It’s been on her list since we featured the courtyard garden, plum trees included, a few years back. (And take a look at the interiors over on Remodelista.)
- Margot recently discovered Curio Spice, a Cambridge, MA-based spice company from chef Claire Cheney. “I’m especially intrigued by Supeq, a blend of seaweed, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, and hot paprika—all grown in Massachusetts—and designed to capture the taste of the New England seaside,” she reports. We like the charming packaging, too.
- Admiring porcelain table lanterns for long mid-summer dinners.
- Spotted on Instagram: Julie is admiring an ephemeral dinner party collaboration between Berlin-based Food Stories and floral designer Mary Lennox.
- How to kill weeds, no chemicals needed.
- 23 recipes for summer figs.
- Lawn games make a comeback, via The Wall Street Journal.
- This week on Remodelista: botanical prints.
- Have a Scandi-inspired porch or patio? Tag #GDscandinavian and @gardenista_sourcebook on Instagram this week for a chance to be featured in our feed.
Previously in Current Obsessions: