- Our friend Elise Pettus of Untied tipped us off to two garden-centric Instagram feeds: @cowpic and @fishfoto, a couple in Cornwall, CT, who document their garden finds.
- Margot is on Volume 1 of Plants are Magic, natural dye specialist Rebecca Desnow’s new, independently published magazine “for makers, dreamers, and plant lovers.”
- Contributor Clare recently went to a screening of Dries, a new documentary on Dries Van Noten. Of note: footage of his house and garden, Ringenhof, in Lier, Antwerp. “There are wonderful long scenes showing Dries and his partner collecting flowers and then arranging them. It’s a serious beauty overload,” she says. For a sneak peek of Ringenhof, see Vogue.
- Intern Eleanor is living in Cambridge for the summer and starts every Saturday with a walk through the SoWa Open Market.
- What to eat if you’re biking the Tour de France.
- Thinking of building a tiny house? Read this first.
- Over on Remodelista: vintage caned garden chairs, brass spigots, and more ideas to steal from a Paris cafe with south-of-France style.
- Have you subscribed to our new newsletters yet?
- And don’t forget to vote for your favorite project in our Considered Design Awards, now through August 4.
We want to see your summerhouse gardens: Use the hashtag #GDsummerhouse on Instagram and tag @gardenista_sourcebook for a chance to be featured in our feed.
For more of what we’re noting lately:
- Current Obsessions: Picnic Season
- Current Obsessions: Summer Still Life
- Current Obsessions: Summer Stories