Among the things on our radar as we head into Sustainable Design week? A hotly anticipated plant fair (the premiere plant event in Brooklyn this spring). Plus, Michelle’s take on the kitchen design element we should live without. Take a look.
- Is the kitchen island ruining American kitchens? Michelle weighs in in her new WSJ column.
- This just in: a behind-the-scenes look at the self-taught florist chosen to do the royal wedding flowers for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
- A new cookbook on “Italy’s best-kept secret” by a London- and Venice-based food writer. (And, take a look inside her kitchen.)
- Upcoming in the gardens of the Noguchi Museum in New York: “Miya Ando: Clouds”, an ethereal installation inspired by fog and clouds, opening April 25.
- Fan will be staying at one of our favorite organic farm-to-table and lavender farms in New Mexico next week; read more here.
- Our most pressing cleaning questions, answered.
- Planning a trip? Consult our Design Travel page for must-visit gardens, hole-in-the-wall shops, and more.
- Also, where to shop in Paris (including a new favorite flower shop).
- And, see what we’re obsessing about on Remodelista here.
Recently in Obsessions: