Among the things that piqued our interest this week? Upcoming plant swaps, a Georgia O’Keeffe–inspired Instagram series, and tips for a bountiful kitchen garden. Read on.
- Join Remodelista on Wednesday, April 18, at 11:30 a.m. EDT for a live tour of architect Jess Thomas’s “sentimental minimalism” brownstone, and a Q&A with Thomas and partner Andrea Fisk of Brooklyn-based Shapeless Studio. Get your pressing remodeling questions ready, then join here.
- This week we wrote about the new plant swap craze; if you’re in New York, you can take part in environmentalist/model/entrepreneur Summer Rayne Oakes’s second NYC swap today, 3-6 p.m., at 114 Fifth Ave. More details here (or learn how to host your own plant swap).
- All those in the Bay Area: Learn the secrets to a fruitful summer kitchen garden at a hands-on workshop at the Marin Art & Garden Center this Tuesday, April 17, 10-11:30 a.m. More info and tickets available here.
- Alice Waters’s unusual way of cooking an egg has been stirring up controversy of late. Read more about it here; plus, take a tour of her Berkeley gardens.
- Margot is taking note of this series on Instagram by a Santa Fe photographer, yoga teacher, and fellow nature collagist for the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum.
- Six small clues that your foundation might need fixing.
- The answer to drab garden hoses.
- And a French sneaker designer with a cult following takes on classic French bistro chairs and tables, color edition.
Elsewhere, on Remodelista and the Organized Home:
- An off-the-grid guest cottage on Great Barrier Island built for indoor/outdoor living.
- Eight small-space-living Instagram accounts you should be following (including not one but two Airstreams).
Recently in Obsessions: