It’s a rare winter week when flowers take center stage. Thank you, Jennie and Erin, for growing them. Thank you, Rachel, for arranging them. And thank you, people, for buying them. Now we’re ready for a weekend to enjoy them.
Here’s a collection of links we’ve loved this week:
- Two designers, two farms, two coasts, and one Double Dare.
- Joel Stein gets heckled by “tough girls.”
- Boyfriend Guide on Design Love Fest.
- The Ingleside Pottery feeder from our roundup of 10 Bird Feeders. Even better? A Winter Berry Garden to attract the birds.
- A Rose’s Journey (We dare you not to get choked up watching this).
- A peek inside the Best Flower Shops coast-to-coast on Architectural Digest.
- Wooed by an all-natural Red Velvet Cake.
- 8 Colorful Stains for your house or fence.
- Stop and smell the Sustainable Flowers on Heritage Radio.
- Coming later this month: Slow Flowers.
- Feel virtuous: Prune a Rosebush.
- Our new favorite Instagram Feed from Urban Gardeners Republic.
- The saga of the Fiddle Leaf Fig continues on House*Tweaking.
For more from this week on Gardenista, see Love is a Rose.