Glamour in the garden–definitely not an oxymoron. This week we launch two new series: Before-and-After gardens and AirBnB Visits. We’ll also visit a glassy greenhouse, parse a few parterres, and show you a few of our favorite ways to create elegance outdoors (minimal effort required).
Above: Photograph by Sophia Moreno-Bunge from our post Garden Visit: A Hanging Orchid Garden in San Isidro, Buenos Aires.
- Sophia falls for smoke bush, in a big way, and explains how to create a floral arrangement that takes advantage of its purply opalescence in this week’s Bouquet of the Week.
- We launch our new series of Before-and-After gardens today by featuring a Hancock Park grande dame. LA-based garden designer Naomi Sanders remade its formal garden for a new century without sacrificing its boxwood parterres in this week’s Garden Designer Visit.
- Michelle discovers an indoor succulent garden she can’t resist and tracks down everything you need to recreate the look in this week’s Steal This Look.
- Meredith stumbles on an AirBnB with a view–and an outdoor terrace–on an island near Capri in week’s AirBnB Visit.
- Erin weaves an elegant, lacy hanging vase from simple black wire in this week’s Small Space DIY.
- Kendra discovers the unexpected elegance of gingko trees in this week’s Trend Alert.
- What seasonal crop is Laura harvesting and cooking from her upstate New York garden? Find out in this week’s Garden-to-Table Recipe.
And see what the Remodelista editors are up to this week; they’re also reveling in Minimalist Glamour (Interior Edition).