Roses on the arbor. Strawberries in the garden. Live like you have a summer house (without going anywhere). This week we’ve got tips for how to make staying home feel like a vacation:
Above: Justine spends the summer on Cape Cod in a cottage built in 1807. Tour it at The Soulful Side of Cape Cod: Justine’s Family Cottage on Remodelista.
- The ultimate escape? Michelle takes us dockside, to tour a summery Swedish captain’s villa and boathouse in this week’s Garden Visit. Seashell front walk included.
- Erin is picnicking in the park every chance she gets; she rounds up her favorite outdoor dining essentials in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Marie goes home to South Africa to visit her mother’s garden and comes back with 10 secrets to share in this week’s Garden Ideas to Steal post.
- Megan reveals everything you ever wanted to know about how to choose an Adirondack chair (and the evolution of its summery style) in this week’s Outdoor Furniture post.
- Seashell paths and driveways crunch underfoot satisfyingly. Find out everything you need to know about this versatile paving material in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post.
- We visit an idyllic summer house in Gotland for a dose of midsummer magic in this week’s Summer House Visit.
- Renishaw Hall, follies included, is a very special country house in Derbyshire, England. Kendra tromps through the grand landscape and discovers tips and tricks to use at home in this week’s Landscaping post.
You need to login or register to view and manage your bookmarks.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation