Roses on the arbor. Strawberries in the garden. Live like you have a summer house (without going anywhere). This week we’ve got tips for how to make staying home feel like a vacation:
Above: Justine spends the summer on Cape Cod in a cottage built in 1807. Tour it at The Soulful Side of Cape Cod: Justine’s Family Cottage on Remodelista.
- The ultimate escape? Michelle takes us dockside, to tour a summery Swedish captain’s villa and boathouse in this week’s Garden Visit. Seashell front walk included.
- Erin is picnicking in the park every chance she gets; she rounds up her favorite outdoor dining essentials in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Marie goes home to South Africa to visit her mother’s garden and comes back with 10 secrets to share in this week’s Garden Ideas to Steal post.
- Megan reveals everything you ever wanted to know about how to choose an Adirondack chair (and the evolution of its summery style) in this week’s Outdoor Furniture post.
- Seashell paths and driveways crunch underfoot satisfyingly. Find out everything you need to know about this versatile paving material in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post.
- We visit an idyllic summer house in Gotland for a dose of midsummer magic in this week’s Summer House Visit.
- Renishaw Hall, follies included, is a very special country house in Derbyshire, England. Kendra tromps through the grand landscape and discovers tips and tricks to use at home in this week’s Landscaping post.