August is not a month to rein in anything. Join us for a week of letting gardens grow wild:
Above: Photograph by Matthew Williams for Gardenista. For another untamed garden, see Garden Visit: A Wild Secret in the Heart of Temescal.
- How hard is it to actually grow a marijuana plant? Today: Part 1 of our new series, “The Marijuana Plant and Me.” Meanwhile, see our Growing Guide: 11 Essential Tips to Grow Marijuana.
- Are you heading out of town for a few days (or weeks)? Keep your houseplants happy in your absence with self-watering planters, in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces post.
- Before you leave for vacation, install one of our favorite Rain Barrels to collect rainwater.
- A long, narrow side yard can be a challenge to landscape. Gillian discovers a charming solution in this week’s Garden Visit.
- We figure out how to create a painterly effect with Mexican feather grass in this week’s Roundup post.
- Meanwhile, catch up with our most recent Landscaping posts, including The New Gravel Backyard: 10 Gardens That Inspired Me and 10 Ways to Improve Your Garden with a Pergola.
- Steal This Look to recreate the perfect, lazy-days screened porch.
- Our Outbuilding of the Week is a corrugated chicken coop in France, turned into a rustic luxe cabin.