We’re craving warmth; join us to head to a hot zone this week. We’ll hunt down the best tropical house plants, patio chairs, and lush island landscapes (with lessons to offer for any growing zone):
Above: Michelle visits an heiress’s idea of heaven. For more of this garden, see Garden Visit: Doris Duke and her Hawaiian Shangri La.
- Inspired by the great ocean camps of Old Hawaii, we visit the Big Island in this week’s Architect Visit.
- We’ll be rounding up our favorite small-batch hand tools made by Japanese artisans (with a free shipping offer for Gardenista readers) in this week’s Garden Tools post.
- Call it the more sophisticated cousin of the patio chair. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite hoop chairs in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces post.
- We learn a few surprising facts about design from 40 of the world’s greatest gardeners in this week’s Required Reading post.
- We visit our favorite plant store in Barcelona in this week’s Shopper’s Diary.