Stylish comfort: is that so much to expect? This week we offer our favorite low-budget tips and tricks for kitting out your outdoor space.
We’ll be making our own DIY concrete planters, recycling bedsprings to create modernist garden sculptures, and revealing our favorite sources for simple, unfinished wood furniture for outdoor spaces.
Above: Photograph by Christine Chitnis from Garden Visit: At Home in Rhode Island with Painter Georgia Marsh.
- Jeanne visits Cape Town and learns how a simple color palette can play up textures and shapes in a graphic garden, in this week’s Garden Designer Visit.
- Dalilah discovers how easy it is to make small concrete planters (big one are another story…) in this week’s DIY.
- Bedsprings as modern art. Meredith tracks down the inexpensive wall sculpture (and those blue stools) in this week’s Steal This Look.
- Simple, inexpensive pieces of unfinished wood furniture are perfect for a patio–but not always easy to find. Michelle rounds up her favorite dining, seating, and storage options for outdoors in this week’s 10 Easy Pieces.
- Sometimes the least expensive solutions are also the most stylish. Michelle discovers 10 surprising garden hacks with concrete blocks in this week’s Garden Ideas to Steal.
- Jeanne investigates window boxes–with tips on how to design, install, and plant an entire tiny garden in yours–in this week’s Hardscaping 101.
- Laura makes the most of her end-of-summer basil harvest in this week’s Garden-to-Table Recipe.
Looking for low-budget ideas for interior spaces, as well? All week Remodelista’s editors will be sharing their favorite Style on a Budget solutions.