Here’s a look at what’s on our radar this week:
- A San Francisco-based baker, Cake Bloom, dyes dessert fillings and buttercream with plants from the garden.
- The Brooklyn Botanical Garden announces the winners of the Greenest Block in Brooklyn contest.
- Above: We’re taking notes from Poppytalk’s guide to DIY plant ideas for fall. Photograph by Erin Boyle.
- Fixes for cracked concrete.
- Our favorite interpretation of spiked lemonade.
- A little homemade ricotta to go with a fresh batch of tomato pasta.
- Four low-maintenance flower beds, echinacea and yarrow included.
- Above: Sarah Raven says: it’s time to sow lettuce. Photograph by Jamie Beck.
- Before you start planting, here are three steps to prepare your garden.
- Actress Lake Bell is gardening in Brooklyn.
- A striking roundup of homes that blur the lines between indoor and outdoor.
To see more from this week on Gardenista, take a look at our Minimalist Glamour issue. Head over to Remodelista to see their week of Minimalist Glamour.
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation