Spring will not be denied. Join us in the garden this week for design ideas for shady spots, window box edibles to plant now for an early crop, and a city-by-city guide to radio shows that offer local listeners seasonal gardening tips:
Above: Photograph by Liesa Johannssen for Gardenista.
- Easiest floral arrangement ever? Fill a room with flowering cherry branches. See how in this week’s DIY post.
- See if your favorite local gardening radio show is on our list of favorites (and if not, add it to ours in the comments section) in this week’s Garden Tech post.
- Marie rounds up her favorite shade-loving perennials in this week’s Plants & Seeds post.
- Meredith learns more about how to make sure city soil is safe for plants in this week’s installment of The Novice Gardener.
- Just ahead of the season, Janet cleans and cares for her metal outdoor furniture in this week’s Hardscaping 101 post.
- See new colors for spring (from one of our favorite made-in-California sources) in this week’s Pots & Planters post.