From this moment on, it’s a holiday hustle, but all is under control. We’re sharing our most prized tips and shortcuts for Thanksgiving: make-ahead cranberry relish, tricks to transform grocery-store flowers, and–for when things get down to the wire– a centerpiece straight from the crisper drawer. Alexa plops a turnip in a canning jar, and it’s really lovely.
Above: A foraged tablescape, styled and photographed by Beth Kirby from Thanksgiving on a Budget: 7 Tips for Tabletop Decor.
- Cranberries have one shining day a year. Laura wants to change that. She shares Garden-to-Table Recipes for using this beautiful berry in new ways. And for Thursday’s main event, stay tuned for a cranberry relish that’s a twist on the usual condiment.
- Cheryl first spotted this romantic mudroom in Architect Visit: A New Farmhouse for a Nearly 100 Year Old Barn, and in this week’s Steal This Look, she returns to the space to recreate it.
- The Instant Fence, which comes pre-assembled, will gladden the heart of a budding DIYer. In 10 Easy Pieces, Janet finds instant fences to fit your style and budget.
- A salad, alive with crunchy textures and bright, citrusy flavors makes a beautiful counterpoint to all that cream on Thanksgiving. In this week’s Recipe Roundup, Michelle lightens up your Thanksgiving menu with salads that will hold their own.
- With just a day to go before the Thanksgiving feast, Erin makes a quick run to the corner store for an elegant tablescape that looks like it took days to design. Get the look in this week’s DIY Projects.
- While we’re gobbling away, we’ll delegate the day’s posts to Julie and team over at Remodelista, who have gathered their best decor shortcuts in this week’s Tips & Tools.
- With one holiday down, Amanda isn’t wasting any time. In this week’s Plants & Seeds, she declares the hunt is on for the world’s most beautiful Christmas tree…and she finds it.
- And the leftovers? We call again on Laura to whip up something scrumptious in a double helping of Garden-to-Table Recipes.
Want more? Over at Remodelista, they’re also sharing tips to beat the clock this week.