Warm colors, cool water, chaotic patterns, symmetry–and pink as the ultimate neutral color. Jawaharlal Nehru said India is a bundle of contradictions held together by strong but invisible threads. We’ll be spending India Song week exploring how contradictions enhance the gardens and outdoor spaces of India. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s ahead:
- In this week’s Architect Visit, Meredith visits a unique co-housing project where indoor and outdoor spaces blur, and where elephants and their humans live together in harmony.
- We deconstruct the elements of a fragrant balcony garden at the Palacio de Deao in Goa, India; create your own versions with tips from this week’s Steal This Look.
- Janet’s sleuthing. For this week’s 10 Easy Pieces, she’s found a collection of gorgeous bronze planters.
- Ellen goes deep on limestone terraces in this week’s Hardscaping 101, giving us an exclusive look at the pros and cons of installing this beautiful sedimentary rock in an outdoor project. Here’s the skinny on cost, durability, colors, patterns, and cuts.
- Our Outbuilding of the Week is a cocoon that sleeps one. Climb into it with Erin, as she explains how you can get your own.