Talk about curb appeal. On streets with “good” names (like Lake or Sunset), home values are higher than over on Main or 2nd. We’ve been obsessively checking the name of every street where we ever lived. Compare your street here:
- Major houseplant and curb appeal inspiration in Venice Beach.
- Our Love-Hate Relationship with Ikea could turn Love-Love soon.
- It’s raining flowers in NYC’s Viacom building.
- Did you vote yet? (We’re going back and forth between No. 1 and No. 3.)
- Attention, LA readers. Our contributor Sophia Moreno-Bunge is in town at Brrch to teach floral arranging with native flowers. Sign up here.
- Pastoral perfection.
- An homage to the humble begonia.
- Winter citrus, ginger, and cloves.
Heart-shaped cactus, anyone? Our friends at The Sill are offering these next week, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Rural Skills Workshop (hedgerow baskets, yes!.
- With McDreamy actor Patrick Dempsey and his wife planning to divorce, who gets the Airstream?
Instagram and Pinterest Picks of the Week
- “Blackest of black rananuculea”–@hollyflorala
- Cacti, mini planters, hanging houseplants and more in Ploy Rangkadilok’s A Little Garden pinboard.