This week the Gardenista editors announced our new book, Remodelista: The Organized Home, and admired an architect’s paintings, inspired by and painted with nature. Here’s a look:
- This weekend Alexa is planning to make Heidi Swanson’s Toasted Pumpkin Seed recipe with Meyer lemon zest and oily black olives (“a genius combo,” she says).
- Contributor Kendra let us know about the Autumn Garden Show, from October 24 to 26 at the Westminster headquarters of the Royal Horticultural Society. She writes: “It’s like a village show in central London, with an autumn ornamental plant competition that features entries from Chatsworth, Blenheim Palace, as well as anyone who’d like to compete with the Dukes. Meanwhile, in other parts of the hall, there will be a large floral installation involving dahlia heads in the shape of a 10-foot mandala, as our friends at Electric Daisy Flower Farm reach the end of their year-long tenure as Floral Artist in Residence for the RHS.”
- Annie is noting this artful cake topped with gooseberries, spotted on the Instagram feed of Måurice, a luncheonette in Portland, OR.
- Now trending: An Insider’s Guide to Getting First Dibs on the Best Ikea Houseplants.
- Plus, we’re thrilled to announce our third book, Remodelista: The Organized Home: Simple, Stylish Storage Ideas for All Over the House, a visual guide to orderly living, on sale on November 14 and available for pre-order now. Read more here.
Recently in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: The Sea Captain’s Sunroom
- Current Obsessions: Design Behind the Scenes
- Current Obsessions: Emerald Isle