We’re taking up a collection to buy Reneé Zellweger’s Connecticut farmhouse (comes with party barn), and we only need $1.6 million. Everybody send in a dollar.
Here are more things we’re obsessed with lately:
- Move over, cork. The latest eco-friendly material is the humble loofah.
- A must visit: London’s Royal Botanical Garden in Autumn.
- Next week we’re painting with autumn colors (perhaps you heard that orange is the new black?). Starting with this Kobocha Squash and Ginger soup.
- A beginner’s guide to at-home canning and preserving.
- Add these 10 tips to your October gardening calendar.
- In a suburb of north Philadelphia, a lush rain garden–with more than 50 species of plants–has us envious here in drought-afflicted California.
- Weekend read: Places Journal, the magazine for the thinking landscaper, has unveiled a gorgeous new redesign.
- San Francisco, get your flower crowns ready in time for the Treasure Island Music Festival.
- Aspiring floral designers, take note.
- The perfect fall flower and its six varietals.
- Learn the art of sauce making at Brooklyn Brainery, October 19 from 11 am to 12:30 pm.
Instagram and Pinterest Pick of the Week:
- We’re ogling Botany Shope’s Instagram feed (@botanyshope5) and Green Board on Pinterest.
- Have you heard? The Remodelista & Gardenista Markets are coming to London (November 15), Los Angeles (December 6), and San Francisco (December 13). Meet us there?