Here’s a look at what’s on our radar this week:
- On our wish list: limited-edition cork vases, handmade in Oakland, California.
- Design Milk founder and editor in chief, Jamie Derringer, is poised to overhaul her Southern California backyard (approvals pending); we’re watching her every step.
- We’re of the opinion that the best party guest is the one who brings the deviled eggs. We’re trying this “extra-special” recipe for our next summer bash.
- Two-ingredient compote, stone fruit and berries wanted.
- Hostas, Hollywood juniper, and bamboo border the revamped outdoor space of an equally renovated Upper West Side apartment.
- A stylish tool for swatting those winged house invaders (no, not bats).
- Put this brass weather station outdoors to monitor temperature and humidity.
- It’s already August? That means the lily pool at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden is in full bloom.
- We’re announcing the winners of the Gardenista Considered Design Awards next Saturday, so be sure to vote for your favorite finalists, once a day until August 8. And while you’re at it, vote for the Remodelista finalists as well! Just click below.