On the eve of the summer solstice, we’re noting mobile plant nurseries and ready-for-summer finds.
- Don’t forget to enter our Considered Design Awards! (Only five days left and counting.)
- To be filed under Ideas to Steal: a deconstructed green ceiling above the bar at an Italian trattoria in Paris.
- Stacey is making this bright, garden-fresh soup cold on hot June evenings.
- On the market: a private island in a Minnesota lake.
- This week’s reader favorite: a Brooklyn apartment overtaken by houseplants.
- Margot is noting this cool summer crudo—and the plate it’s served on.
- Heading into SF Design Week, Meredith is bookmarking a field trip through the San Francisco Arboretum and Clay With Your Food, a cooking/ceramics competition.
- Exploring the coasts of Spain and Portugal, hidden beaches included.
- And over on Remodelista: an English kitchen where succulents and cacti line the counters.
Have a garden find we should know about? Tip us off in the comments, or tag #GDfinds on Instagram.
For more of what we’ve had our eye on lately, check out:
- Current Obsessions: Lessons from the Greenhouse.
- Current Obsessions: Botanical Design.
- Current Obsessions: Summer Kick-Off.