This week we’re noting sea finds as decor and a floating garden in New York. Here’s a look.
- Weekend gardener or landscape pro? Enter our Considered Design Awards now!
- Harvest garden-fresh fruits and veggies for free at Manhattan’s “floating food forest.”
- Meredith is headed to Yosemite this weekend to hike the iconic (and very wet) Mist Trail.
- A new use for seaweed and shells.
- The best place to learn to garden? At an idyllic Oxfordshire estate (lunch in the greenhouse included).
- This week’s most-read post: a DIY tool kit for drip irrigation.
- Michelle is headed to Healdsburg, CA to take photos of a garden designed by one of our favorite landscape architects.
- A guide to decks, just in time for Father’s Day.
- The ideal weekend: Making apricot-raspberry pies on a New Jersey farm.
- Peony puzzle: A reader writes, “My tree peony didn’t bloom this year. It had full and healthy foliage prior to the normal bloom season. It set a few buds, but the buds never opened. Anyone familiar with this?” (Got a solution? Leave it in the comments.)
Spotted a garden we should know about? Let us know in the comments, or tag us on Instagram using #GDfinds.
For more, see what we’ve been eyeing this month:
- Current Obsessions: Botanical Design
- Current Obsessions: Summer Kick-Off
- Current Obsessions: The Urban Gardener