Happy Fourth of July! Here’s what we have our eye on, for the holiday weekend and beyond:
- We’re tempted by a botanical cocktail workshop with a favorite mixologist. Upstate readers: Report back.
- Annie is Maine-bound for the week and hoping to stop into Remodelista/Gardenista favorite ceramist Frances Palmer’s pop-up workshop at Snug Harbor Farm (“your first stop in Maine,” according to Michelle).
- To follow: Instagram feeds inspired by nature.
- Get birding.
- In praise of icebox cakes (and other couldn’t-be-simpler hot weather desserts).
- Margot likes this curious flower-capsule vase by Italian architect/designer Cristina Celestino.
- Most read: Landscaping 101: How to Tame Overgrown Shrubs.
- Looking for waterfront property? Consider a lighthouse.
- To book now: a new cooking series by Sunday Suppers.
For more of what we’ve been admiring lately, see our posts: