It’s an ideal weekend to visit an orchard. Plus, check out our new guide to garden sheds and these 11 other things to know about in mid October.
- Breaking news: the long-awaited book from Terrain is out this week, at last. We’re planning to read it cover to cover.
- Mowing a lawn this weekend? Safety gear suggested.
- Combatting climate change town by town, in big and small ways. Is your town on the list yet?
- Can a 10-episode podcast finally solve the Isabella Gardner Museum art heist? Now listening to Last Seen. (Michelle is riveted.) And, see our behind-the-scenes tour of the Gardner Museum here.
- Hear stories and see photos of war gardens and the gardeners who faithfully tend them, “from Afghanistan to Iraq, Ukraine to Syria, Kashmir to the West Bank.” Tickets still available, if you’re in London next week.
- Attention, Bay Area readers: The Plant Exchange in Oakland’s annual autumn plant sale is today (October 13). Info here.
- A simple but transformative mudroom hack, over on The Organized Home.
- And, read Michelle’s latest essay on Remodelista: How Nostalgia Made Me Stop Hating My Mother’s China.
Previously in Obsessions:
- Current Obsessions: Autumn, Deconstructed
- Current Obsessions: From the Editors’ Desk
- Current Obsessions: The Hipster Homesteader
Have a Question or Comment About This Post?Join the conversation