Seriously, those bushy-tailed mammals have been on our minds lately. Michelle is determined to no longer be fodder for their laughter, while Janet sourced these bulb planters to help us burrow with their natural ease. Come to think of it, with our recent scurrying and planning, we’ve been acting like squirrels ourselves. Here’s what’s been keeping us busy:
- Swooning over Alexa’s visit to Worlds End in New York.
- Starting our holiday gift lists and taking note of this DIY Terrarium.
- Wondering what to do with all the late season green tomatoes; we looked to Southern Living‘s The Grumpy Gardener for his tips.
- Dropping hints: Flower Buying 101.
- Rooting for Wilder Quarterly’s new Field Art subscription.
- Sharing this kitchen garden plan, courtesy of Country Living, with our potager-free friends.
- Staying healthy, thanks to Erin’s natural recipe.
- Launching our new Gardening 101 series.
- Getting spooked after looking at ghoulish plants on Sunset Magazine.
- Poring over the appealingly rugged and botanical home of Nashville’s java master.
- Coveting one of these sculptural wood pendant lights over on Remodelista, thanks to Julie.
- Looking at photographer Edward Burtynsky’s grave view from above of the relationship between industry and nature.
- Making note of nine fast and easy flower arranging tips.
- Looking forward to making Minestrone Verde this weekend.
And lastly, asking for your help. Please take a few minutes to fill out our reader survey. Your thoughts on what works and how we can improve will help us greatly. Plus, you could win a $100 gift card to Terrain. (And if you already filled it out — thanks!)